Sea Turtle Camp (Non-Member registration for one child)
The Georgia Sea Turtle Center is excited to announce our 2017 Summer Sea Turtle Camp opportunities.
Calling all junior scientists, marine biologists, conservationists and sea turtle enthusiasts! The Georgia Sea Turtle Center (GSTC) invites campers to enjoy fun-in-the-sun activities, field-based adventures, and unforgettable sea turtles. Each day will focus on turtle biology, conservation, and the threats that these animals face. Campers will explore the many habitats of Jekyll Island: from freshwater ponds to the maritime forest to tidal marshlands down and to the beach accompanied by the myriad of turtle species and wildlife found in coastal Georgia. Campers will interact daily with GSTC staff, volunteers and AmeriCorps members during this unique week of learning and adventure. Come experience this unique program and learn how you can protect our natural resources, save a species, and make a difference!
Sea Turtle Camp for rising 1st to 4th graders:
- June 5th – 9th - SOLD OUT
- June 19th – 23rd - SOLD OUT
- July 10th – 14th- SOLD OUT
- July 24th – 28th - SOLD OUT
Sea Turtle Camp for rising 5th to 7th graders:
- June 12th - 16th - CLOSED
- June 26th – 30th - CLOSED
- July 17th – 21st
- Camp hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (sorry, aftercare is not available at this time).
- Cost is $299.60 per child. This includes a $280.00 camp fee and $19.60 for local and state taxes. 20 hours of instruction, a visit to Summer Waves waterpark during camp, daily lunch option provided by Larry's Giant Subs, one reusable water bottle, and one official camp shirt (additional camp shirt may be purchased separately & will be available upon camp check-in). A 10% discount will be offered for each additional child/sibling.
- Jekyll Island Summer Camp opportunities don’t stop at the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. If your camper would like to explore their athletic side with our Golf or Tennis pros or travel through time with our Jekyll Island Museum experts, all of our camps have the same hours, pricing and level of professional programming and guidance. To find out more about the spectrum of summer camp opportunities on Jekyll, please visit the Jekyll Island Summer Camp page.
Camp location will be the Georgia Sea Turtle Center Classroom, 214 Stable Road, Jekyll Island 31527
Jekyll Island Day Camps fee is non-refundable (sorry, no exceptions). We will do our best to accommodate your child to another week/session if possible. This option will be based on availability of each individual session. This camp can accommodate a maximum number of 20 campers.
Camp registration packets will be submitted via email from our reservations department. This communication will be labeled “2017 Sea Turtle Camp Confirmation” in the subject line and contain important information documents for you, the parent, to complete and return to us.
Price includes all state and local taxes.