Virtual Field Trips allow schools to connect virtually with the Georgia Sea Turtle Center right from the classroom. Meet some of our sea turtle patients while connecting sea turtle life history and rehabilitation to topics like adaptations, habitats, life cycles, conservation efforts, or veterinary care. Sessions are offered weekdays October-April. All times Eastern time zone. Reservations must be made 3 weeks in advance of session date.
Prior to to beginning your reservation, please review the following information:
- Sessions are only available for 2nd-12th grade and college classes.
- Program capacity is 50 participants (children and adults) per session. Groups larger than our maximum need to book multiple time slots.
- Know your school contact information and Skype (or similar app available on iPad) login details.
- Once your reservation request and payment are submitted, you will receive a follow-up email with a link to an online form needed to complete your reservation.
- A test connection is required for Virtual Field Trip sessions and must be completed at minimum one week in advance of your program.
- Two-way audio/visual capabilities and Skype or other similar application available on iPad is required. For the best broadcast quality, a hard-wire internet connection is recommended.
- Adopt-A-Sea Turtle program discount is available with the purchase of a Virtual Field Trip session.
For more information, visit our website or email email@example.com.