Become a Nest Tracker
By becoming a Nest Tracker you will be supporting the Research Department of the Jekyll Island Authority’s Georgia Sea Turtle Center. Your generosity will help ensure the continued monitoring and research of Jekyll Island’s sea turtle nests.
What’s included in the Nest Tracker Package? With your $40 purchase you will receive:
- Personalized Nest Tracker Certificate
- Nest Tracker sticker
- Information about your nest
- A photo of your nest
- Sea Turtle Nesting Fact Sheet
- Nest Tracker name(s) listed on the Georgia Sea Turtle Center website
Personal email updates:
- “Soon-to-Hatch” email update letting you know your nest could hatch any day
- A report on your nest’s success after it has been excavated (inventoried)
- After Jekyll Island’s last nest has hatched (usually in October) you will receive a summary of the nesting and hatching season
Important Information about becoming a Nest Tracker:
- Any incubating nest can be tracked between May – August, depending on when turtles begin and end their nesting season.
- Due to a variety of natural causes, some sea turtle nests do not hatch. While we hope your nest hatches, we cannot guarantee its success.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks processing time to receive your first “tracking” package via traditional mail. All other updates will occur via email.